Re: apt-show-versions rewrite

On Fri, 2013-03-15 at 07:30 -0400, nick black wrote:
[...]
> If you accept my point of view that lackluster performance is a bug, I've
> been working on a bugfix, though admittedly a highly invasive one.
[...]

I'd like to thank you for working on APT performance, as I do feel it's
a weak point at present.  It's surprisingly slow even on fast computers,
and can be painfully so on old/low-end machines.

But to benefit the most number of users, I think you will need to work
on merging these improvements back into the original libapt.

Ben. (not an APT developer)

--
Ben Hutchings
Humans are not rational beings; they are rationalising beings.