Re: history transparency

On 09/02/12 08:58, Paul Wise wrote:
On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 4:45 PM, Philip Ashmore wrote:

I think Debian needs a way to be able to pick a point in history and obtain
at least the versions + patches of all the source packages that would have
been installed / available to reproduce the Debian system running on the
users machine at the time they reported the bug.

With more and more source packages becoming available under publicly
accessible version control, what needs to change in Debian to make this
possible?

Nothing, it already exists:

http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20091229T215155Z/
How do I work out which snapshot I have installed now?
I download from Sid.

Is there a micro-version file that stores this information or is it a time stamp on some file?

Regards,
Philip