Re: FYI: open-ath9k-htc-firmware

On Wed, 2013-03-13 at 11:13 +0900, Hideki Yamane wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 19:15:20 +0000
> Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:
> > This should be added to the linux-firmware.git repository and then to
> > our firmware-free source package.  Perhaps you could talk to the
> > Atheros developers and you or they could prepare a patch for
> > linux-firmware.git?  I recently added carl9170, which may be a useful
> > example to follow.
>
>  Okay, but they are using patched gcc and binutils for build it.
>  So I guess, first it should be merged to upstream gcc/binutils, then
>  be added to firmware git repo, right?
>
> henrich@hp:~/tmp/open-ath9k-htc-firmware$ wc -l local/patches/*
>  28972 local/patches/binutils.patch
>    115 local/patches/gcc.patch

The upstream Makefile downloads and patches tarballs for the toolchain,
and that's fine as far as I'm concerned.  The firmware-free source
package already includes binaries and does *not* build them from
debian/rules.

Please do add checksum verification of the tarballs, though (like I did
for carl9170).

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
The obvious mathematical breakthrough [to break modern encryption] would be