Re: Bootstrapping: list of 81 self-cycles in Debian Sid

On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 08:28:15PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> Is there anything we can add to debcheck or the PTS to encourage
> maintainers to help break these cycles by adding build profiles and or
> cross-compilation info?

It seems to be premature to add build profiles to packages, as the initially
proposed implementation (separate fields) has been vetoed in favor of one
that requires extending the syntax of Build-Depends in a way that will take
time for our parsers to catch up to.  (Indeed, AFAIK none of the parsers of
Build-Depends currently in the archive currently support the new proposed
syntax.)