Re: git dangerous operations on alioth

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:07:22AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 10:39:26AM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> > Has anybody had experience controlling access to git repositories, for
> > example, to give users access but prevent some of the following
> > dangerous operations?
>
> Related to this, there is also the risk that a user will ssh on alioth
> and rm the repository (accidentally or not). Do we have any kind of
> protection against that? (e.g. backups we can access to without
> bothering the alioth admins, or a way to give git access but not ssh
> access, or...)

"real men don't take backups. They just put their stuff on a public FTP
server and let the world mirror."

Every user who has a checkout of a git repository is making backups...

--
Copyshops should do vouchers. So that next time some bureaucracy requires you
to mail a form in triplicate, you can mail it just once, add a voucher, and