Re: git dangerous operations on alioth

]] Daniel Pocock

> Has anybody had experience controlling access to git repositories, for
> example, to give users access but prevent some of the following
> dangerous operations?
>
> - prevent users pushing with the `--force' option
> (from the man page for git-push: "This can cause the remote repository
> to lose commits; use it with care.")

You can enable denyFastForward in the config and enable reflogs, that
should help with this.

> - ensure that users only push commits authored by themselves (email
> address white list)

A hook should be able to do this.

> - prevent some users pushing tags (or only allow tags matching a pattern)

You can do this with a hook as well.

I'm using gitano (not packaged) for this on my own setup, it has a set
of ACLs that gets run.  I think gitolite is able to do it as well, so
maybe take a look at whether that does what you want?

--
Tollef Fog Heen