Re: Package install location for 0700 Directories

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 09:46:12AM -0500, Istimsak Abdulbasir wrote:
> So "0700" is used to make a folder visible to the public like on file
> server?

While I wouldn't want to discourage people asking questions here, this
really is a very basic aspect of Unix; I think you would be well-advised
to be in the habit of doing some research before asking questions,
because otherwise you're going to find this list very confusing.

You can find relevant documentation here:

  https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/manual/coreutils.html#File-permissions
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_permissions