Re: bits from the DPL: January 2013

Stefano Zacchiroli <leader@debian.org> writes:
> On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 03:16:05PM -0800, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
>> The "You can see a non-exhaustive list of Debian trademarks [...] at our
>> trademarks page" link just loops back to the page itself, but there
>> doesn't seem to be a list anywhere on it.
>
> Oh but there is. The very first section on that page, named "Trademarks"
> give a natural language description of the trademarks we currently own,
> with pointers to the relevant offices who have registered them. It's
> possibly not very well structured, but it has been considered good
> enough by Debian legal support at SPI.

That's probably true, but as a layperson I still have no idea what the
Debian trademarks are. My guess is that it's the phrase "Debian" and the
spiral logo. But I can't confirm that from the webpage at all, and it
also doesn't give me any clue if there might be other Debian trademarks
(e.g. what about "The universal operating system"?).

But maybe I misunderstood the purpose of the page.

Best,

   -Nikolaus