Suggestion about minor improvements to default bashrc

Hello, this is my first minor contribution to Debian, but as it's my
Linux distribution of choise and the only one I chose to work with I
have found minor improvements that perhaps can be of use.

The first one I will mail about is so minor it might be uninteresting
but as I spend so much time on new VPS and Debain installations on
the net I tend to use the:

$ clear

Command more often than not. However, to save time I've begun to use
an .bashrc alias for it, as such:

alias cl='clear'

If you personally havn't tried it, do it. It's insanely addictive.

I have further ideas for improvements, but I am unaware of the
criteria for Debian scripts. Is it okay to use external sites for
information inside shell scripts? Perhaps there's somekind of
guildeline for Debian developers I can view before I write more
material!

// Slimbo