Re: Bootstrappable Debian - proposal of needed changes

Hi,

On Wed, 16 Jan 2013, Colin Watson wrote:
> This is cleaner than any of the other options I've come up with: it
> doesn't require hardcoding a list of "toolchain packages" that have
> special cross versions; it would allow us to stop having to shove
> pkg-config-HOST into cross-build chroots; and it wouldn't require
> dpkg-checkbuilddeps to violate layers by looking in the apt cache, at
> least as long as the available file is up to date.  Does it seem sane to
> people?

The /var/lib/dpkg/available file is almost never up-to-date unless you use
dselect... so that part doesn't look so sane unless I missed something.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/