Re: Bootstrappable Debian - proposal of needed changes

+++ Paul Wise [2013-01-16 11:52 +0800]:

> That sounds useful, so yes. arm64 is on the way, it would be a nice
> test case but I guess wookey/Sledge are onto that.

I intend to send an update mail on the state of this later this week.

> If you think this might be interesting to announce more widely (as I
> do), please add a paragraph to the next DeveloperNews, which will be
> released on debian-devel-announce when we get 5 entries.
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DeveloperNews

Does asking d-devel for feedback count as news? Having this
functionality available for packagers would count as news... But I
agree that telling people about the concept is useful.

> I'm also sending a mail to LWN and the distributions mailing list (at
> freedesktop), it might be interesting to developers of other
> distributions, especially Gentoo :)

If doing that you might want to mention that Johannes will be talking
about his/our bootstrap work in the cross-distro room at FOSDEM.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/