Re: Packages with incomplete .md5sum files

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 02:13:46PM -0500, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 3:21 AM, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> > Excluding shipped files from .md5sums looks seriously wrong for files
> > in /usr and at least questionable in /var/lib.
>
> What is so "serious" about that?

In itself it may not be a huge problem, but it's usually a good
indicator of another, more serious, bug.

> Please no more rc mbf's.

Would you rather we shipped packages that we know are broken, but that
we don't want to fix because we want "no more rc mbf's"?

I question that logic.

--
Copyshops should do vouchers. So that next time some bureaucracy requires you
to mail a form in triplicate, you can mail it just once, add a voucher, and