Re: debian/* license of non-free packages

On 2013-01-10 17:54:28 +0000 (+0000), Bart Martens wrote:
> I guess you meant : It's conventional (although not entirely
> legally sound) in the free software community to just assume that
> the copyright of any patch submitted without any explicit
> copyright and license statement is transferred (given) to the
> copyright holders of the upstream software.

And in many cases it's convention to expect the patch contributor to
patch the copyright statement of the corresponding files as part of
their contribution, if they feel it's necessary. Many of the
projects I work on expect contributors to do precisely this as a
routine part of nontrivial patch submissions.
--
{ WHOIS( STANL3-ARIN ); WWW( http://fungi.yuggoth.org/ );
PGP( 48F9961143495829 ); MUD( kinrui@katarsis.mudpy.org:6669 );