Re: debian/* license of non-free packages

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 06:50:57AM +0000, Bart Martens wrote:
> > For the packages I maintain, I now refrain from doing so when the contents of
> > the debian directory are trivial.
>
> I guess you don't bother to claim copyright for trivial debian/* files.
>
> When there is no copyright and license information for the debian/* files, then
> this can mean different things.

>From my perspective according to DEP5 it can only mean one thing: The
license is the same as specified in "Files: *" and you blame the
copyright holder mentioned in this stanca as copyright holder also for
debian/*.  The latter is no problem for simple debian/* dirs and using
the same license as the code seems to be reasonable anyway.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de