Re: Feedback

Mistikos Nik, le Tue 25 Dec 2012 22:50:57 +1000, a écrit :
> If I am new to Debian and go to read the manual and I see 'Squeeze',
> do you think I am going to know what the fuck that means?

Do you actually need to know what that means, except being the name of the release?

I have never known the actual version numbers, I've never actually
needed to know them. Just knowing the "last stable", "current testing",
and "next testing" has always been enough for me. And that's easy to
find out which is which.

> This is a classic case of computer nerds lacking social skills.

Using version numbers would be more lacking social skills.  People
prefer nicknames, not versions.

Samuel