Re: Packaging upstream tarballs with mixed C and Python sources

On 12/22/2012 11:23 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> If I just create the usual debhelper 9 rules file, the package will be
> built from the C sources only, ignoring the Python code for launcher
> and server.

While the "dh 9 short style" with override_* thing is nice (I've learn to
love it, after a bit more than a year of resisting it), it isn't at all
mandatory. And in some cases, it's not adapted (this case seem to be one
of the cases it isn't adapted).

Why don't you just use the older packaging style, and call "python setup.py
--install-layout=deb--root=debian/<package-name>" in the install target
(or whatever is needed if upstream don't use python-setuptools)?

Thomas