Re: Poll (was: Popularity of bzr-builddeb and dh-make)

On Fri, 2012-10-12 at 21:40 +0900, Hideki Yamane wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 14:22:06 +0200
> Benjamin Drung <bdrung@debian.org> wrote:
> > How does bzr-builddeb depend on Launchpad? bzr is integrated into
> > Launchpad, but you can use bzr without Launchpad as every other DVCS.
>
>  Just because I don't imagine use bzr without LP ;)
>  Yes, it can be used as you've pointed out, but using VCS is not only
>  tools but also includes workflow, I think. So I said it relies on LP.
The workflow doesn't have to involve Launchpad either - I'm not using
Launchpad at all for my Debian packages. Just because the majority of
Bazaar users host their branches on Launchpad, doesn't mean that a
Bazaar workflow has to involve Launchpad.

Similarly, just because a lot of Git users host their branches on Github
doesn't mean that Git is unusable without Github.

Cheers,

Jelmer