Re: Poll (was: Popularity of bzr-builddeb and dh-make)

On Fri, 2012-10-12 at 21:13 +0900, Hideki Yamane wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 12:06:11 +0200
> Benjamin Drung <bdrung@debian.org> wrote:
> > I have setup a poll for it:
> > https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/Popularity_of_bzr-builddeb_and_dh-make/
>
>  Thanks! :)  voted.
>
>  My opinion is as BTSed,
>   - dh-make is still usable for 1st step. Maybe experienced/skilled developer
>     don't need it (but needed it at least for me ;)
>
>   - bzr-builddeb is, well, it seems that is useful in UDD (Ubuntu Distributed
>     Development, as Ubuntu packaging guide says) way, but now it heavily
>     relies on Launchpad in my point of view. And, packaging-dev can specify
>     vendor-specific Recommends/Suggest in its rules, then use it for Ubuntu
>     is meaningful.
>
>     (Well, LP is quite nice and Debian should consider to introduce its good
>      point (user friendly web interface, etc), but I don't want to depend on
>      it, sorry).
bzr-builddeb is perfectly well usable without Launchpad; it doesn't
depend on it. I've been using it with bzr.debian.org for a long time.

There are two commands that have some Launchpad-specific integration,
but that integration is completely optional and those commands are still
perfectly usable without Launchpad. There is also no hard dependency on
python-launchpadlib.

Cheers,

Jelmer