Re: node-like file conflicts

Ben Hutchings writes ("Re: node-like file conflicts"):
> On Tue, Aug 07, 2012 at 04:14:19PM +0200, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> [...]
> > guess: nvram-wakeup sgt-puzzles
> [...]
> > Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk>
> >    sgt-puzzles
> [...]
>
> There are a lot of short and generic names in this package.  I
> appended 'game' to some of them to avoid such conflicts when
> originally uploading.  'guess' was added more recently and I must have
> forgotten to check.
>
> I don't know if I should carry on adding the suffix to specific
> conflicting names, or do what Fedora has done: add 'puzzle-' as a
> prefix to all of them.  I'm probably not the only one who sometimes
> types their names, so the latter could be an annoying change.

We should (i) discuss this with upstream (ii) do a transition where we
ship new names for a bit.

So, Simon, if these puzzle names should be qualified to make them more
unique on the PATH, what formulaic change should be made ?  My
recommendation would be "sgt-*" on the grounds that that's unlikely to
conflict, although it might of course end up with your initials on a
broken or badly-behaved derivative.

Ian.