Re: node-like file conflicts

Jakub Wilk writes ("node-like file conflicts"):
> The following package pairs:
> 1) are co-installable,
> 2) both ship binaries with the same name, but in different directories
> within $PATH (e.g. one in /usr/bin, another in /usr/sbin):
>
> sethdlc: ax25-tools dahdi
> crm: crm114 pacemaker
> cutter: cutter-testing-framework-bin cutter
> gearmand: gearman-job-server gearman-server
> update-locale: gosa-dev locales
> sendpage: hylafax-client sendpage-server
> rpcinfo: libc-bin rpcbind
> lid: libuser id-utils
> nfsiostat: nfs-common sysstat
> vmware-user-suid-wrapper: open-vm-tools open-vm-toolbox
> ptest: pacemaker parmetis-test
> siggen: siggen tripwire
> tcpd: tcm tcpd
> vuname: util-vserver umview
>
> Any volunteers to file bugs?

Yes, I'm willing to volunteer.  I will do so in a few days if no-one
objects.

I'll double check the facts of course.  If I have also see if I can
understand the situation in each case well enough to make a
recommendation.  It seems at the very least that many of these issues
are "within" a particular family of packages.  Hopefully they won't
mostly be as bad as "node".

Ian.