Re: request for removal of texmacs-extra-fonts

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 02, 2012 at 03:11:57PM +0900, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:

> Since texmacs 1.0.7.13, texmacs includes all fonts
> of texmacs-extra-fonts so texmacs-common sets
> Conflicts: texmacs-extra-fonts since Sep. 2011 and
> it seems there is no problem by now.
> So I think texmacs-extra-fonts is obsolete and should
> be removed.
>
> I find science-typesetting sets Recommends: texmacs-extra-fonts
> by mistake and I already filed a bug so I think there will be
> no dependency on texmacs-extra-fonts.

thanks for having brought this up.

> What is the best way to do in this case.
> Is this mail enough or something more is necessary?

The proper way is to file a removal request against ftp.debian.org.
"reportbug ftp.debian.org" shows you the options. A removal request
should be sent by the package maintainer, but this probably doesn't
apply here since every DM is QA, and as texmacs maintainer you are
obvioulsy qualified to make this request.

It is probably better to wait until science-typesetting is fixed. If
you also think that texmacs-extra-fonts should not be distributed with
wheezy then the release team also has to unblock science-typesetting.

-Ralf.