Re: RFC: Why are so many debian packages outdated?

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 9:02 AM, Svante Signell wrote:
> I can give a few examples of outdated packages having non-responsive
> maintainers, wine is one of them. See the wishlist bugs! Finally a set
> of NMUs solved that problem.

Pointing at wine at this point is a red herring.  A group of
interested volunteers fixed it.  That's how these problems get solved.
 If a you see an out-of-date package, please volunteer your time to
help fix it.  If you're not a DD, you can do the work and send a
message to debian-mentors.

We've also started various discussions and changes toward making it
more straightforward to fix these types of situations.  e.g.:
http://bugs.debian.org/681833

Best wishes,
Mike