Re: Lets (eventually) find a good solution for /tmp

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 06/11/2012 12:06 AM, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > swap file on / [...] is
> > really the direction that we should be going
> NO !

Some imprecise language on my part has apparently lead to some
misunderstanding of what I am suggesting.

I don't mean a swap file that gets used as swap. I meant file(s) which
are on / (or some other large filesystem if / is not large) which are
used to handle /tmp growing beyond the bounds of the memory assigned
to it. These file(s) should be orthogonal to the current memory
management system. [I know that using a swap file can currently do
this to some extent, but it has other problems.]

Don Armstrong

--
Maybe I did steal your heart
and I am such a perfect criminal