Re: Orphaning php-codesniffer, then take it over by the PHP PEAR team

]] Jonas Smedegaard

Hiya,

> I am genuinely interested in understanding the reasons for labeling
> sponsoree rather than sponsor as maintainer.  Could you (or anyone)
> elaborate on that?

If I'm sponsoring a package, it means I've checked that its quality is
good enough that I consider it a worthwhile addition to Debian.  I'm not
doing the actual maintenance, I'm reviewing parts of the maintenance
being done, and so giving me the maintainership would be wrong.  There's
both the «who should you talk to about this package» as well as
crediting the person who's doing the actual legwork.

(I'm talking about what I do here, I'm not saying this is the one and
only way to do sponsorship.)

Cheers,
--
Tollef Fog Heen