Re: Moving /tmp to tmpfs makes it useful

Serge <sergemdev@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm asking for *popular* apps, that create files in /tmp, *never put
> large files* there, and become *noticeably* faster with /tmp on tmpfs?

Is that even the issue, for the most part?  My impression is that
using tmpfs is just logistically simpler and safer -- it can be
mounted very early, doesn't muck with the (possibly small or r/o) root
fs, makes it simple to limit temp space without a separate partition,
etc.

-miles

--
「寒いね」と話しかければ「寒いね」と答える人のいるあったかさ [俵万智]