Re: Making -devel discussions more viable

Alexander Wirt <formorer@debian.org> writes:
> I am just speaking for myself as listmaster. But I don't think any
> DD has more "right" to talk on a mailinglist than anybody else. I
> won't support such a proposal nor want I participate in it. If you
> have a problem with someone on a mailinglist, report it and
> listmasters decide if we should step in.

... and as a non-DD who's been using Debian for 15 years (and reading
this list for many of them), and understands at least some of the
technical issues, I find the suggestion that I be automatically
considered a negative influence and excluded kind of annoying.

The issues discussed here often do affect me, because I use Debian.  I
don't actively participate most of the time but I do read, and every
once in a while, feel I have something to add.

The problem is not non-DDs, it's jerks and/or the clueless.  Maybe on
this list there's _some_ correlation between "non-DDness" and those
things -- but it's far from perfect... (and not, IMHO, enough to
justify censorship).

-miles

--
Un-American, adj. Wicked, intolerable, heathenish.