Re: Packaging of new upstream (pre-)releases until wheezy

On Sat, 2012-04-14 at 21:40 +0200, Martin Bagge / brother wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Apr 2012, Svante Signell wrote:
>
> > It seems
> > like many DMs package new releases/fixes bugs closer to the release than
> > attending to that now. Of course it is a time/resource issue, but
> > anyway. Why not package pre-releases in experimental, to squeeze bugs
> > out before the new upstream release comes out?
>
> And what makes you assume that?

I could give several examples of pre-releases and new upstream releases
that are not yet packaged, that will probably enter into wheezy. But you
never know what plan the DMs have for their packages, do you? In order
not to point at specific DMs I defer to mention which packages I'm
thinking of.