Re: Bits from Debian Med team

Thorsten Alteholz <debian-devel@alteholz.de> writes:

> Hi David,
>
> On Tue, 3 Apr 2012, David Prévot wrote:
> >>  [1a] http://debian-med.alteholz.de/advent/
> >
> > Thanks for your initiative, but I don't really feel comfortable with
> > the way you baptized it. Would it be possible to avoid
> > religious-based naming scheme?
>
> in my opinion this Advent Calendar has rather secular content. But of
> course it is possible to use any other naming scheme. Do you have any
> suggestions?

The Nordic countries evidently have adopted that calendar tradition
<URL:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_Christmas_calendar> in a
wholly secular manner.

Would “Yule Calendar” (English translation of the Nordic names) be an
appropriate name?

--
 \      “He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his |
  `\                             enemy from oppression.” —Thomas Paine |