Re: On init in *Debian*

On 02/04/12 18:03, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> What I meant is: it is a common knowledge that you need to write
> an initscript for each specific distro even though most of them use
> sysvinit, but does this apply to systemd unit files too?

dbus has a different init script for each distro, but one
(upstream-supplied) systemd unit is shared between at least Fedora and
Debian. I believe this is typically true in other projects.

Most of the differences between Fedora and Debian init scripts aren't
visible in a systemd unit, because they're things like whether to use
daemon(1) or start-stop-daemon or something else, which systemd
sidesteps by not needing either.