Re: Standard C Library complance test suite

On Saturday, March 31, 2012 05:19:02 PM John D. Hendrickson and Sara Darnell
wrote:
> While cygwin may have a "suite" they are a private company I wouldn't bet to
> dl and use it without a lawyer reading any "corporate provided license"
> they've wrote, my personal preference that is.

Newlib is free software and not in any way restricted to Cygwin. In fact, it's
mostly used on embedded systems where you don't have a system-provided libc
implementation available. Its source code is packaged in Debian.

It incorporates code from different sources with different licenses so watch the
per-file licensing information and the COPYING files.

Lars