Re: upstart: please update to latest upstream version

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 1:35 AM, Fernando Lemos <fernandotcl@gmail.com> wrote:
> * Socket activation information for systemd (and possibly upstart with
> upstart-socket-bridge)

By the way, I wonder if we could also come up with a wrapper that
allowed upstart to work with the systemd socket activation protocol.
If I'm not mistaken, the upstart-socket-bridge protocol is a superset
of the systemd socket activation protocol (I think SJR himself
mentioned that, not sure), so this seems doable. This would mean the
socket activation information could perhaps be shared by both upstart
and systemd, thus making it easier to convert between upstart job
descriptions and systemd units (assuming the daemon supports socket
activation).

Another option would be creating a "upstart-systemd-bridge" that used
the systemd socket activation protocol.

Even if one of these approaches is possible, I'm not sure how much
work this would entail. It might as well not be worth pursuing.

Regards,