Re: DEP-5 and files with white spaces

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 11:50:10AM +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 11:05:25PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > Note that another case that I don't think has been discussed, but which is
> > probably more common than embedded quote marks, is a filename that's
> > invalid UTF-8 (straight ISO 8859-1, for example).
>
> Do these even happen anymore?  Looking at binary packages, I see just one[1]
> violation: lletters-media, a package not updated in 6 years.

It looks like there is not a single such filename in all sources, anywhere
in unstable (for x in *.tar.*z*;do tar tf "$x";done).  Even lletters-media
ships its data with English names and links them at build.

--
// If you believe in so-called "intellectual property", please immediately
// cease using counterfeit alphabets.  Instead, contact the nearest temple