Re: Doesn't contain source for waf binary code

On 08/02/2012 02:05, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
>>> You must mean "all the original macros should be actually present"
>>> because it is not always true, as you seem to imply below.
>> Er, well, no, I did actually mean what I said.  However, I suppose it's
>> possible that some upstreams are generating configure scripts from local
>> macros in /usr/share/aclocal that they don't ship with the package.
> They may omit macros from the tarball because of some other things
> (starting with a bad tarball generation script). I think I've seen that in
> one package but that was long ago and I don't remember details.

Afaik autoconf includes aclocal.m4 in the dist tarball by default (I'm not sure
if you can actually disable that), which includes all out-of-tree macros.

However, having the macro in aclocal.m4 does not automagically grant you the
ability to autoreconf, as aclocal.m4 itself is regenerated then.

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin