Re: severity for bugs in ignoring TMP/TMPDIR?

On 2012-02-05 11:04, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2012-02-05, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
>> If I notice that software in Debian is ignoring TMP/TMPDIR (since I use
>> libpam-tmpdir), what severity should I file the resulting bugs at?
> wishlist?
>
> /Sune

Depends on how bit the files it uses in tmpdir. I've a bug in some code
i'm using
( a  FUSE filesystem that uses a cache in /tmp) that runs as root, that
at times places
arbitrarily large files (in my workflow, 5-100 GB) in /tmp, which is on
the root filesystem.
When a process accesses a 100 GB file it overflows / . So I needed to
get it to use an alternate $TMPDIR.
Ignoring $TMPDIR is a critical severity bug for me.

- Alastair

--
Alastair McKinstry  , <alastair@sceal.ie> , <mckinstry@debian.org>    http://blog.sceal.ie

Anyone who believes exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world
is either a madman or an economist - Kenneth Boulter, Economist.