Re: Patch Tagging Guidelines: DEP-3 moved to ACCEPTED status

Le Wednesday 18 January 2012 18:41:44, Jakub Wilk a écrit :
> >config-edit -appli dpkg (soon to become 'cme edit dpkg') is able to
> >parse, modify and save DEP-3 patches ( note that this command also deal
> >with debian/copyright, debian/control and some other debian files).
>
> Huh? What has dpkg to do with DEP-3?

This command is designed to help debian packager do their job, i.e editing
debian package files, including debian/patches in DEP-3 format.

> And how do I use this parser? I want something as simple as: for a given
> patch, check if the header complies to DEP-3 and if it does, dump it in
> some machine-readable format.

Currently, it cannot be used outside of the more general debian package
files editor.

I guess that config-edit could be slightly modified to be applied to
individual package files. In check only mode, it should be able to
validate the DEP-3 patches and issues error or warning in case of trouble.

Even if Config::Model does not really qualify as simple, would that
interest you ? ( then we could work out the  "dump it in some
machine-readable format" part )

If not, feel free to reuse the parser code [1]

All the best

Dominique
[1] https://metacpan.org/source/DDUMONT/Config-Model-1.265/lib/Config/Model/Backend/Debian/Dpkg/Patch.pm

--