Re: status of DEP5: Machine-readable debian/copyright (was: Patch Tagging Guidelines: DEP-3 moved to ACCEPTED status)

Le Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 12:07:54PM +0100, Bastien ROUCARIES a écrit :

> Yes one question do I need to document aclocal.m4 copyright patchwork ?

Dear Bastien,

judging from the packages that are accepted in our archive, the empirical
answer is no.  Nevertheless, the DEP 5 format and any free-form format let you
to document these files if you feel so.

I would love the answer to this question documented somewhere, but I think
that it would not belong to the DEP 5 document.  If you would like, you
can send the question to the FTP Master team and CC the bug number #462996
(“Document requirements for copyright file.”).

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan