Re: Patch Tagging Guidelines: DEP-3 moved to ACCEPTED status

Jon Dowland writes ("Re: Patch Tagging Guidelines: DEP-3 moved to ACCEPTED status"):
> Who should have that authority, then? The DEP-0 proposers?  Since
> the whole DEP process itself is still in CANDIDATE, we could end up
> in an interesting situation if/when it comes to migrate *that* to
> ACCEPTED ☺

I think the DPL should appoint a dictator who will rule on when
consensus has been achieved on a DEP.

If the dictator gets it wrong then insofar as a DEP is a technical
policy for Debian (which DEP-3 definitely is) the Technical Committee
could overrule the decision, as could a GR of course.

Ian.