Re: Patch Tagging Guidelines: DEP-3 moved to ACCEPTED status

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 02:49:55PM +0000, Jon Dowland wrote:
> Who should have that authority, then? The DEP-0 proposers?  Since the whole DEP
> process itself is  still in CANDIDATE, we could end up in an interesting
> situation if/when it comes to migrate *that* to ACCEPTED ☺
>
> DEP-0 merely says
>
> > consensus exists that the implementation has been a success
>
> Perhaps that needs unpacking.

You're probably right ... but let's resist the temptation of caring more
about processes than substance.

Does anyone have further comments about DEP-3?  If so, please state
them.  Otherwise, let's forget about the process details (no matter if
they could have been better or not) and rejoice for a nice standard way
of adding useful metadata to patches in the Debian archive.

Cheers.