Re: bits from the DPL for December 2011

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 6:17 PM, Stefano Zacchiroli <leader@debian.org> wrote:
Auditor work ramping up
-----------------------

We've almost always been struggling for transparency in Debian budgets.
The money dealings we do at SPI are quite visible, but other assets, as
well as money hosted at other trusted organizations, are too scattered
and not always as accessible as they should. ... which is close to
unacceptable for a project soliciting donations.  Historically, we've
always had trouble finding people capable and willing to work on
non-technical stuff, and accounting / auditing work is a perfect example
of that.

I'll be happy to help if needed. I'm already doing accounting the Israeli free software association.

Kaplan

p.s.
I'm not a professional accountant, just willing to help (: