Re: from / to /usr/: a summary

* Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> [111231 10:54]:
> Le samedi 31 décembre 2011 à 10:23 +0100, Bernhard R. Link a écrit :
> > If people maintain some core piece of software and want to decide what
> > the package looks like, listen to what other people want.
> > If you want to use "too much work" as excuse, then file a RFA.
>
> Because it’s well-known that filing RFAs will magically generate
> competent maintainers with a lot of time in their hands.

Spare your sarcasm, please.

While a RFA will not magically make people appear magically, one at
least makes clear that one would accept help.

Even there it is of course possible to refuse help as "incompotent",
just as refusing patches by requiring a full upstream fork.

But you cannot combine a "I'm the only one knowing how to handle the
package" with "There is not enough manpower for your request, so do not
dare to say that the current situation is broken".

        Bernhard R. Link