openmotif is now LGPL, retirement of lesstif in jessie?

Hi all,

I don't know how many of you still care for the motif widgetset, but due
to the way I got involved in Debian, I have kept a small eye on it.

Recently ICS [1] release a new version of openmotif, and this time they
stuck a LGPL license on it. I think this is good news, as it means that
we can get rid of a less optimal situation where we were using a less
than complete open source replacement, lesstif, to build programs
needing the motif widgetset. The last couple of years lesstif has
annoyed users quite a lot because the elementary copy/paste
functionality was not properly implemented [2].

Of course, we still have to release wheezy, but may I (also with my
lesstif co-maintainer hat on) already suggest to get rid of lesstif for
jessie.

What do you think?

Paul
PS: how nice that the latest update to the policy already removed the
lesstif/openmotif text.

[1] http://motif.ics.com/motif
[2] http://lesstif.sourceforge.net/#help