Packaging upstream tarballs with mixed C and Python sources

Hi,

I am currently trying to figure out how to get the new UAE fork
"fs-uae" [1] ready for Debian and I haven't yet found a satisfiable
way to build the package.

fs-uae itself is written in C, but it ships together with a launcher
GUI and a server for multi-player games, both written in Python. While
the C source code for the emulator itself is located at the top
directory of the source tarball, both the launcher and the server are
located in sub-directories.

If I just create the usual debhelper 9 rules file, the package will be
built from the C sources only, ignoring the Python code for launcher
and server.

Does anyone have an idea how to create the three binary packages for
the emulator, launcher and server from one source package. I am asking
since I am not such an expert on Python packaging yet and hope that
someone here knows better :).

I am CC'ing upstream since I have been discussing the issue with him
as well. Also, there might be the possibility to just split the
upstream tarball into emulator, launcher and server to simplify
packaging.

The upstream tarball can be found here [2], if anyone wants to have a
look.

Cheers,

Adrian

--