Re: Canonical pushes upstart into user session - systemd developer complains

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 02:18:04AM +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2012-11-29 08:37:19 -0800, Kelly Clowers wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 7:23 AM, Vincent Lefevre <vincent@vinc17.net> wrote:
> > > And interfaces in various programming languages?
> >
> > http://search.cpan.org/~shlomif/Config-IniFiles-2.78/lib/Config/IniFiles.pm
>
> At least for Perl, I can't see anything related to validation.

That's because validating an ini file is trivially easy:

the line is a comment line, which must start with a # after optional
whitespace,
or it is a section header, where all data must be surrounded by [],
or it is a key-value pair, where the key must be one word and be
separated by the value by a =

or it is invalid.

There, validation.

To validate an XML file, much more is involved, including checks of
nested tags and escaped characters.

> BTW, how do you do nested blocks in .ini files?

You can't, and that's a feature. Instead, you have keys where the value
is the name of another section (or possibly another ini file) containing
the "nested" data.

Anyway, this is fairly off-topic for -devel, so EOT for me.

--
Copyshops should do vouchers. So that next time some bureaucracy requires you
to mail a form in triplicate, you can mail it just once, add a voucher, and