Re: Really, ...

]] Uoti Urpala

> >   But to the extent that we have to pick winners and
> > losers (and, to be clear, I think it's premature to do that for init
> > systems),
>
> I think there's already enough evidence to show that systemd is
> clearly the best choice. How much more would you expect to have before
> it would not be "premature" any more?

I, as the systemd maintainer in Debian, think it's premature to make
this decision.

Really, by all means, play around with systemd, test it, tweak it, file
bugs and all, but we're not yet at a point where we can or should make a
decision what the next default init system should be.  Let's leave that
discussion until wheezy is out the door, at least.

--
Tollef Fog Heen, who is sorry for contributing even more to this thread