Re: Canonical pushes upstart into user session - systemd developer complains

On 25/11/2012 23:06, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> The:
>
> [crap]
> foo = bar
>
> format for config files is widely despised.  And this is not a systemd
> issue, even git uses that crap instead of something better like xml,
> or simpler, like the hierarchical format used by apt that resembles
> C++ classes.

It is? Why? Are there any technical reasons for this besides "Windows uses it"?

For simple key=value-type configuration that may need grouping, I really don't
see an issue. XML tends to be rather long-winded, and the hierarchical format
that apt uses doesn't have a readily-usable parser outside of apt (at least not
that I know of).

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin