Re: Systemd

On Thu, 22 Nov 2012, Kevin Toppins <Kevin.Toppins@gmail.com> wrote:
> I respect that you are free to make up your mind, and I do not want
> that fundamental freedom to go away. So I ask you, please, just give
> this more than a passing thought.
>
> I know that this is debian's list, but please just look at what I am
> trying to get you to see.

Please install systemd on Debian/Wheezy and tell us how it goes.

I've installed it on lots of Debian systems, due to having some problems I
don't install it on systems that lack console access at this time.  But apart
from that case (which I will debug and will be solved before Wheezy+1) I
haven't had any problems.  It offers some significant benefits for boot time and
for daemon reliability.

There are still some things we need to work on, the difficulty of managing the
journal is one thing that needs to be improved IMHO.  But I'm not aware of any
impossible problems or changes that inherently require significant new user
skills.