Re: Wheezy-ignore for good-not-evil bugs

Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> writes:
> * Neil McGovern <neilm@debian.org>, 2012-11-16, 15:46:

>> These bugs aren't gonna get fixed in time - tagging ignore
>> appropriately.

> Excellent. Now Mr Crockford can say that his license is good enough for
> Debian.

Regardless of the accuracy of this statement (which other people have
already discussed), I don't think this matters much one way or the other.
By all accounts, he's uninterested in changing the license anyway and is
unlikely to be persuaded to do so by anything we do or choose not to do.
Attempting to manipulate his behavior (or even to score public relations
points) by manipulating the content of the release seems rather indirect
and unlikely to be helpful.

I think we should do what's best for our users and the release and not
worry too much about what non-existent messages he might derive from those
actions.