Re: Question: Packages.xz and Contents-<arch>.xz

On 13031 March 1977, David Kalnischkies wrote:

> Note also that it is unlikely that ftpmaster will add another compression
> file to the archive and mirror folks will be happy about that. So its not
> just a "lets add xz" but a "lets replace bz2 with xz" and this might be
> a bit more complicated as indexes like Translation files are only available
> in bz2 and this used to be hardcoded everywhere.

Correct, we will NOT add another compression (nor another checksum)
algorithm. Not until we get rid of the existing stuff (and ideally end
up with just one compressor).

But sure as hell NOT during a freeze, anyways.

--
bye, Joerg
[Es geht doch nichts ueber deutsche Uebersetzungen]