Re: A common configuration format, anyone?

On 14/11/12 16:52, Dominique Dumont wrote:
On Wednesday 14 November 2012 12:26:56 Philip Ashmore wrote:
The packaging tools used by Debian and others have a steep learning
curve because their representation isn't human-friendly - it's all for
the convenience of a build system dating back to UNIX.

I'm talking about a graphical interface that generates these files so
that developers never have to look at them.

Hmm, that sounds like 'cme edit dpkg' (provided by libconfig-model-dpkg-perl).
For more details, see [1].

HTH

[1] https://github.com/dod38fr/config-model/wiki/Using-config-model#wiki-Debian_packaging
Except that the system I'm working on could also implement the GIT api, the APT package database, and be controlled by a text user interface (TUI) as well as the command line or a GUI.

Come to think of it, Debian does have a portal to all things Debian - the world wide web.

Regards,
Philip