Re: Bits from the release team - Freeze update
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Bits from the release team - Freeze update
- From: Paul Wise <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 20:09:51 +0800
- Message-id: <CAKTje6F4DToEcEd4vJRc0DNgUONKYey=biJuUQBxG-iwHjLEqw@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <20121108115448.GG8979@halon.org.uk>
- References: <20121108115448.GG8979@halon.org.uk>
On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Neil McGovern wrote:
> Unblocks and Freeze Policy
> We're also reducing the acceptance criteria [RM:POLICY] - we're now only going
> to accept:
Which policy applies in the case of unblock requests that are pending
action by the release team since before this mail? In particular I'm
thinking of the warzone2100 one.
> Package Removals
> We've recently revived the practice of removing buggy leaf packages. We're
> aiming at posting to -devel weekly a list of RC-buggy leaf packages which we
> intend to remove. The relevant maintainers are also copied on those mails.
> Please keep an eye on those and avoid your own packages getting in the list!
> This activity helps, but we will be running out of leaf packages pretty soon,
> so this is no excuse to ignore the others! Usertags can be seen at [BTS:RMTAG]
It would be great to keep this up after the release too, preferrably
in a more automated way.